McMenamins Edgefield, Blackberry Hall
The Gin Summit is an unique, one-day conference designed for distillers, bartenders, trade professionals, and the gin superfan.
The day comprised of wide selection of talks and tastings, including topics such as:
• Gin Distilling in Oregon
• Terroir in gin and Gin’s early history
• Branding for success
• Pan-American Gin Tasting
• The use of coriander as well as a lively debate on “barrel aging, and talks on other technical areas.
• David T Smith, International Gin Writer and Consultant
• Brad Plummer of Farallon Gin
• Stephen Gould, Proprietor / Distiller of Golden Moon Distillery
• Melkon Khosrovian of Greenbar Distillery
• Olivier Ward of Gin Foundry
• Lauren Patz of Spirit Works Distillery
• Keli Rivers of Whitechapel Bar, SFC
• International Consultant Julia Nourney
The Gin Summit also welcomes The Gin Guild, a London based international member organization, with extensive membership from the gin distilling industry. It promotes quality in gin production and mixology and supports the gin category across the globe, enhancing its image and widening its appeal to worldwide consumers.
• Media inquiries, contact: David T. Smith (email@example.com)
09:30 – Distilling in Oregon
10:00 – Coriander, Juniper’s overlooked cousin with Brad Plummer of Farallon Gin
10:30 Gin: A Glimpse at the Past with Stephen Gould of Golden Moon Distillery
11:30 Gin: The Proof’s in the Drinking with McMenamins Distillery
12:00 Terroir: A New Take with Melkon Khosrovian of Greenbar Distillery
12:30 Branding Gin for Success with Olivier Ward of Gin Foundry
14:00 All about the Base – How the base spirit impacts upon a gin’s character with David T Smith
14:30 From their Mind to your Glass – An insight into product development with Lauren Patz of Spirit Works Distillery
15:00 Front Foot to Back Bar – Selling your gin to the on-trade with Keli Rivers of Whitechapel Bar, SFC
16:00 Pan-American Gin Tasting with David T Smith
16:30 Barrel Selection for Gin with Julia Nourney
17:00 Panel Discussion: Barrel Aged Gin – Novelty or the Next Big Thing?