Judging – Judges – Sponsors – FAQ – Award Winners
In addition to the written feedback from our judges, award winners receive a number of additional benefits.
Placement Opportunity with Total Wine & More
All 2020 Best of Class winners will be given the chance to schedule a half-hour in-person meeting with Total Wine & More senior sales executives to discuss goals and possible placement opportunities. Meetings will be held at the annual Craft Spirits Conference & Vendor Expo, or can be scheduled for a later date at the Total Wine & More headquarters in North Bethesda, Maryland.
ADI publicly announces the winners during our annual Craft Spirits Conference. In addition, ADI sends out a list of the winners to hundreds of our media contacts and the over 13,000 subscribers of our e-newsletter. We also include Double Gold and Gold medal winners in two rounds of promotion through our social media channels, once in the spring and again in the fall.
Consumer Tasting Events
ADI is collaborating with Whiskies of the World, and the Independent Spirits Expo to promote winners from our competition. At these events ADI staffs the table, pours a select number of award winning spirits and informs consumers about the brands. As a result, participating spirits pay a fraction of the cost for a full table and save the expense of sending staff to the event.
Two Tickets to the Awards Gala at the ADI Conference
All entries in the ADI Judging receive two tickets to the Gala at the Conference. Bronze and Silver awards are announced and distributed to winners beginning at the reception before the Gala (5:30 pm April 7th). A step and repeat booth with professional photographer will be on hand throughout the evening to memorialize you and your award. During the Gala Gold, Double Gold, Best in Category and Best in Class winners are announced on the main stage. Dinner is provided, and there is a cash bar. The evening concludes with the presentation of the Bubble Cap Award for Distillery of the Year and much more! Click here for more info.
Awards & Certificates
ADI provides physical awards, digital images and certificates for each winning spirit. There are no additional licensing fees or costs for for any of these materials. Additionally, any spirit that meets the requirements for our certification of craft spirits will also be provided with digital images of the appropriate certification. ADI does not sell bottle stickers however, winners have a free license to use the provided digital images to make their own stickers.
Excellence in Packaging Awards
- Best Backbar Packaging: A best of category award to one Gold Medal bottle that the packaging panel believed pops and does the best job of standing out from the crowd of other bottles on a backbar.
- Best Eco-Packaging: A best of category award to one Gold Medal Bottle that is produced using any number of eco-friendly methods. These may include bottles made using sustainable, recycled or lightweight materials, reusable packaging or other innovations.
- Best Retail Packaging: A best of category award to one Gold Medal bottle that has a label and bottle design that most invites a customer to pick up the bottle off the shelf from all the others.
- Brand Identity Medals: Award to a spirit company that in addition to superior execution in individual spirits packaging, has a harmony of design across multiple products that also distinguishes individual spirits within the lineup.
- Packaging Medals: Award for spirit packaging that has shows overall originality, creativity, graphic design, integration of bottle design to label style, aesthetic appeal, and handleability.